Board Members: Ashley M – President, Brandy M – Vice President, Jaimie B – Secretary, Ashlyn K – Treasurer, Jonathan B – Board Member, Chris C – Board Member, Herb C – Board Member
Our Mission Statement
The First Step – Victim Services of Dallas County’s mission is to provide direct services that assist and empower victims of abuse and their children, fostering a better understanding through community education, and prevent domestic and sexual violence by advocating for positive changes.
Services we provide
- Support Group Every 3rd Thursday of the month from 6-7:30 pm @ First Baptist Church in Buffalo, Mo. It is located next to the YMCA and across from the Dallas County Health Department. The address is: 1006 Main Street, Buffalo, Missouri 65622.
- Crisis Phone number 417-313-4148
- Personal Safety Planning We will help you find a safe way out of your domestic violence situation. Give us a call, or text.
- Ex Parte Orders We provide help filling out ex partes in Dallas County. We will also attend court with you for your ex parte.
- Moral Support We will help you through the emotional roller coaster of domestic violence.
- Other Support We will help you when navigating the criminal case with your abuser. We will meet with the prosecutor, Sheriff’s Office, Police Department, or Children’s Division with you.